Over the last few days, we are receiving so many questions on our YouTube Channel, How to Re-Lock Bootloader of Xiaomi phones, and How to Lock Xiaomi bootloader without wiping data? So here in this guide, we will show you an easy method How to Re-Lock Bootloader on Any Xiaomi MIUI and unroot the phone. Many Users who want to test the MIUI 14 rom on their phone already unlocked their phone and now they want to lock the bootloader again to claim the warranty on the phone. Yes, Unlocking bootloader will void the warranty of your phone, but you can claim it easily by flashing the stock ROM and relocking the bootloader.
Here we are providing a simple method to Uninstall TWRP, UnRoot the Phone and Re-Lock Bootloader on Any Xiaomi. This guide will work on any Xiaomi phone. To complete this whole process all you need a Windows PC, Mi Flash Tool and the latest MIUI Fastboot ROM file for your phone. This method will completely unroot your phone and runs on the pure stock ROM with no modifications in the system.
Many users unlocked the bootloader of the phone to test the Beta ROM and Custom ROMs. And to do this they have to install the TWRP custom Recovery, and this process will replace the stock recovery of the phone. Which means you will not get the OTA system updates on your phone.
So with this method, you will get back the Stock recovery on your phone and the phone is locked too. So let get started and see How to Re-Lock Bootloader on Any Xiaomi MIUI phones.
Re-Lock Bootloader on Any Xiaomi MIUI
This process is a safe and official method to re-lock the bootloader of the phone. Read all the instructions very carefully and follow all of them one by one on your phone.
Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon locking the bootloader.
What Is Unlock Bootloader
If you want to root, and if you want to install a Custom ROM, you’d need to have your stock bootloader unlocked. In simple terms Unlocking the bootloader allows you to install custom Firmware on your Android phone. In simple words, you can say that you can make any changes on your system after unlocking the bootloader.
Unlocking your phone’s bootloader voids its warranty. It also completely wipes (formats) your Android phone’s internal memory including applications, contacts, SMS and MMS messages etc.
Why To Re-Lock Bootloader
The one main reason is the warranty. To claim the warranty on your phone you need to relock the bootloader of your phone. After that, you can visit the Service center without any problem. Now you will get full support from the manufacturer.
Download Files to Lock Bootloader of your phone
1. Do take the Full backup of your phone. This method will delete all the data from your phone.
2. Download Mi Flash tool here and install the same on your Windows Desktop.
5. Visit the MIUI Forum and download the latest FASTBOOT rom for your phone.
Guide to Re-Lock Bootloader on Any Xiaomi Phone
1. Download the Latest MIUI Fastboot ROM for your Phone here and unzip the folder on your desktop.
2. Now install the Mi Flash tool on your windows from the above mention links.
3. Open the MI Flash tool on your desktop and boot your phone into fastboot mode. To do this first turn off your phone and Hold down the Volume Down button + Power button for few seconds.
4. Now your Xiaomi phone will boot in the fastboot mode and you will see the MI Bunny or Fastboot text on the screen of your phone.
4. Once your phone is in fastboot mode, connect your phone to the PC with the USB cable.
5. Next, go to MI flashing tool and tap on ‘Refresh’ button to see the connected devices.
6. Now go the Extracted MIUI Fastboot folder and copy the path of the folder. See the screenshot below.
7. Now go back to the Flash tool and paste that path in the “Select” Option.
8. Now in the right bottom of your MI flash tool, you will see three options “clean all”, “save user data” and “clean all and lock”. From here check the clean all and lock option to lock the bootloader of your phone.
9. Now Tap on ‘Flash’ at the top right to start the flashing process.
10. Now this will flash the Fastboot MIUI ROM on your phone. Once complete you will see the “Success” message on the screen, And your phone will reboot.
Now the Stock Fastboot ROM is successfully flashed on your phone. The Bootloader is unlocked, TWRP is uninstalled and Stock recovery is back and the phone is completely Unrooted too.
Video Guide to Lock Bootloader
Direct Link to YouTube
If you are facing any issues or errors, do let us know in the comment section below. We are always ready to help out you guys.
If you like our article then follow us on Instagram, or join our Telegram Group. For the latest Tech Related News, Tips, and How-to Guides, follow Technobuzznet on Twitter and Facebook, and subscribe to our Youtube channel.