The Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro are the latest Smartphones from Google. Both devices are available in the market and come with the latest Android 13 and with some of the best camera features. If you are a Pixel fan and recently bought the Google Pixel 7 or Pixel 7 Pro and looking for a guide to Unlock the bootloader of the Google Pixel 7 & 7 Pro, then you are at the right place. Here is the full guide which helps you to unlock the bootloader of your new Google Pixel 7 & 7 Pro.
To unlock the bootloader of any phone, first, you have to take the full backup of your phone, because this process will delete all the data from the phone. Once the Google Pixel 7 & 7 Pro Bootloader is unlocked, You can install custom recovery on the phone, even you can root the Pixel 7 phone with the help of magisk manager. So unlocking is a must to install recovery, custom, or root the device.
Below is the complete guide with all the files which you use on your phone and PC to get started. Remember one thing this process will wipe all the data from your Google Pixel phone, so do take the full backup of your phone and read all the steps very carefully.
How to unlock the bootloader of Google Pixel 7 & 7 Pro
Once the phone is unlocked you can install custom recovery on the phone, even you can root the phone with the help of magisk manager. Here’s how to get started:
Requirements to Unlock BOOTLOADER in 5 Minutes
- Do take a full backup of your phone that prevents any data loss during the bootloader unlocking process.
- You need to install ADB fastboot Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Unzip Platform Tools on your PC, to run the Fastboot Commands
- Now, go to ‘Settings > About Phone > tap on the Build number 7 times until it says you’re now a developer.
- Now enable USB Debugging mode and OEM Unlocking mode on your phone. Go to Settings > System > Developer Option and enable both options.
- Now follow the below-mentioned steps and commands to Unlock the bootloader of the Google Pixel 7 & 7 Pro
Step to Unlock Google Pixel 7 & 7 Pro Bootloader
1. Connect your Google Pixel 7 & 7 Pro to your PC. Make sure all the above mention drivers are properly installed on your laptop or PC.
2. Now open the Platform Tools folder and Open Command Prompt window on the folder, by typing cmd on the address bar of the platform tool folder.
3. Now, reboot the bootloader menu. You can either do this by holding the power and volume down buttons while booting up, or by entering the following ADB command:
adb reboot bootloader
4. Once your phone is the bootloader mode. You have to run the following command to unlock bootloader.
fastboot flashing unlock
- In case you need to flash low-level firmware partitions like the bootloader images, you will have to execute another command afterwards:
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
5. Now you will see the text warning on your phone screen, press the volume up key until it says “unlock the bootloader.” Once it says this, press the power button.
6. The phone will unlock the bootloader and reboot back to the bootloader menu. Now time to reboot the phone. Press the Start button on your Google Pixel 7 Phone to reboot the phone.
Congratulations, your Google Pixel 7 & 7 Pro now has an unlocked bootloader! So this way you can unlock the bootloader of your new Nothing phone 1.