Two days back Oneplus released the OxygenOS 4.5.7 update for the Oneplus 5 phone with a couple of new features. A few hours later OnePlus team Withdraws the Oxygen OS 4.5.7 update and roll out the new OxygenOS 4.5.8 For OnePlus 5. The reason behind Withdraws Oxygen OS 4.5.7 is that many users are facing some bugs on the phone, it’s the gaming shutter issue according to the official announcement. So to fix this issues OnePlus team official rolled out the new OxygenOS 4.5.8 update.
In a Reddit thread, a OnePlus community officially confirmed that they withdrew the rollout of OxygenOS 4.5.7 update as many users were reporting about the shutter issue that is highlighted by many OnePlus 5 users. The new update comes with lots of bug fixed and new features. Below you can find the download link of the OxygenOS 4.5.8 for Oneplus 5, which you easily install on your phone by following our guide.
Here are some of the highlights of OxygenOS 4.5.8
- Introducing the all new OnePlus Slate font
- Added EIS for 4K video recording
- Updated Android security patch level to 1st July 2017
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements
- Standby battery enhancements
- Fixed occasional sound leaks in the speakers when using earphones
- Fixed camera shutter sound bug in silent mode for Indian region
- Fixed occasional stutters when playing games
- Fixed battery drain for Jio users
Download OnePlus 5 OxygenOS 4.5.8
- OxygenOS 4.5.8 OTA for OnePlus 5 – Coming Soon
- OxygenOS 4.5.8 Full ROM for OnePlus 5 – Download Here
Install OnePlus 5 OxygenOS 4.5.8 Update
1. Visit this link and download the OxygenOS 4.5.8 full ROM and save the ZIP file on your phone.
2. Now Navigate to Phone Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the ROM File
3. Once selected system would prompt upgrade now
4. Select upgrade now and the system would reboot into stock recovery and flash the ROM file.
5. The installer would itself flash the ROM and reboot the device.
Now your phone will reboot and your OnePlus 5 is now running on the latest OxygenOS 4.5.8 firmware & OS based on 7.1.1 Nougat.
If you are the rooted user with TWRP custom Recovery, then the above mention steps will not work you. Check out this guide to install the official Update on Rooted Oneplus 5.
Source – Oneplus