A few days back Oneplus team released the OxygenOS 5.1.6 for the OnePlus 6 users. But after that they are receiving so many complaining about the ROM and today they paused the rollout of this OTA and released the new OxygenOS 5.1.7 update for the Oneplus 6 users. As per the company in this new update, they fixed lots of bugs and the major on is bootloader vulnerability uncovered by a security researcher last week. And one more thing the oneplus team mention on their forum that OxygenOS 5.1.7 is not of the Indian users. The 5.1.7 update will not be released for India region, as the developers are working on a fix based on the logs that they released at the time of the last release. So they are going to release the new 5.1.8 update next week which will include the fix & also contain all the features included in the 5.1.7 update.
The OTA of the OxygenOS 5.1.7 is already released and many oneplus 6 users already updated their phones with this new update. If you didn’t get the update yet then set up a VPN and connect to Germany, as that is one of the regions to get OnePlus updates first. Otherwise, you can follow our below mention guide to download the OxygenOS 5.1.7 for Oneplus 6 Phone.
If you are the Oneplus 5 users and running on the OxygenOS 5.1.6 and want to apply this new OxygenOS 5.1.7 update on your phone, then here is the complete tutorial for your phone. Which you can use on your device and update the same. Below we are posting the two methods. Once for the Rooted OnePlus 6 users with Custom TWRP recovery, and the other one is for the non-rooted Oneplus 6 users with Stock recovery.
Download And Install OxygenOS 5.1.7 on Oneplus 6 Phone
This guide is only for the Oneplus 6 users and doesn’t apply this method on any other Oneplus phone. As we mentioned above this guide will work for both rooted and non-rooted users. In the download section, you will find the link of OxygenOS 5.1.6 Full ROM for TWRP users and OxygenOS 5.1.5 to OxygenOS 5.1.6 OTA zip file to apply the OTA update on non-rooted phones.
Changelog for OxygenOS 5.1.7.
- Fixed schedule setting issue for Do Not Disturb(DND) mode
- Updated bootloader for system security enhancement
- General bug fixes and improvements
Download OxygenOS 5.1.7 for OnePlus 6 (Full ROM + OTA)
There are two types of file for each ROM: FULL signed flashable zips and OTA incremental update zips.
Full Signed flashable zips: These are recovery-flashable zips of the full ROM that won’t overwrite your data partition. They can be flashed via stock recovery or TWRP recovery of your phone.
OTA incremental update zips: These are recovery-flashable zips that update your ROM to a newer updated version. They can be flashed via stock or TWRP recovery but will only work on non-rooted Oneplus 6 with no modifications to system files.
- OxygenOS 5.1.7 OTA for OnePlus 6 – Download (OxygenOS 5.1.6 to OxygenOS 5.1.7)
- OxygenOS 5.1.7 OTA for OnePlus 6 – Download (OxygenOS 5.1.5 to OxygenOS 5.1.7)
- OxygenOS 5.1.7 Full ROM for OnePlus 6 – Download
How to install OxygenOS 5.1.7 On OnePlus 6
As we mentioned above that in this guide you will see the two different methis to install this new update. One for the rooted users with TWRP recovery and other one is for non-rooted phone users. If you are the non-rooted oneplus 6 users and running on the previous 5.1.5 or 5.1.6 then use the first method. If you have the rooted Oneplus 6 then use the second methods an flash the Full rom on your phone. So let’s get started and Download OxygenOS 5.1.6 Update For OnePlus 6.
Install OxygenOS 5.1.7 On Oneplus 6
1. Download the latest OxygenOS 5.1.7 OTA from the above-mentioned link and save it on your phone. Place the zip file outside every folder.
2. Now on your Phone go the Settings
3. From here tap on the system updates -> top right corner icon -> local upgrade -> click on the OxygenOS zip file -> immediately upgrade.
4. Now your Oneplus 6 will flash the OxygenOS zip file.
5. And this process will take some time to install all the files on your Oneplus 6 phone.
6. Once done, Your phone will reboot and the first boot will take some time to make some changes to your phone’s system.
That’s it. OxygenOS 5.1.7 is flashed successfully on your Oneplus 6 Phone.
Install OxygenOS 5.1.7 on Rooted Oneplus 6
1. Save the OxygenOS 5.1.7 Full ROM zip file on your phone’s internal memory and remember the location of your file.
3. Now time to boot your phone in TWRP recovery mode. Switch off Your phone first and Hold the Volume Up + Power button.
4. Now Oneplus 6 will boot in TWRP recovery mode.
5. Tap on the Wipe > Advanced Wipe and Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache.
6. After that Tap on the Install Option and locate the ROM zip file and Swipe to Confirm Flash.
7. Now theOxygenOS 5.1.7 Full ROM will flash on your Oneplus 6 phone.
8. After all the process gets completed then simply click on Reboot system and keep patience because it will take around 15 minutes to make the device booted up once the updating process gets completed.
Voila! Now you successfully updated your Oneplus 6 with the OxygenOS 5.1.7. Hope you are clear with the installation guide. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.
Source: OnePlus Forum